Soups  

Posted by Dave in

Most of my soups are of the “Whatchagot” variety. That is, it is less of a planned recipe than an adaptation of what is in the fridge, what’s fresh what’s in season. Come to think of it, that’s really true of most of my daily cooking. Still, I try to remember and write down what I did when something was tasty, or quick or had some special redeeming quality. Then I try to figure out a way to simplify it just in case your fridge is not currently stocked with just the proper leftovers, but you feel the need for, say… minestrone.

I guess what I am saying is don’t be afraid to improvise and play around with your cooking. The only real test is in the eating, and although that can be subjective, nobody has studied your family like you have. (Plus, if it’s the only thing you are cooking that night, they’ll pretty much have to eat it! I’m just sayin…).

The following recipes are adapted from daily life, but since I try to cook with the healthiest ingredients, even leftovers are reasonably tasty and nutritious. I give ingredients and quantities only as a guideline here, to give you a feel for the goal, if you have leftover cabbage that is already cooked, for instance, you can obviously skip that step. But let me know how you improved my recipes, or share you other culinary adventures with me either by email at heydave@backpackbistro.com or in the comments below.

Minestrone

Good Old Fashioned Chicken Soup

Beef Vegetable

Winter Time Vegetable

Wild About Mushroom Soup

Cream of Chicken

1000 Miles From the Shore Clam Chowder



Hit the TIP JAR!
Thank You!





This entry was posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 12:48 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment